Re:Global Currency System

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, MV wrote:
 Planet earth has only one external source of energy *The SUN* (there
are
 lot of other stars, but we get pretty little energy from them)... Then
 came the fossil fuels, pre stored solar energy.

It is difficult to define an external source because the universe is an
integrated system. It is also unnecessary. We know that when we speak of

energy we refer to the potential for movement that exists in the thing.
Hydro, tidal, wind energy, for example, come from earth's
movement/moment
which is not independent of the universe. The 'solar orifice' idea has
somehow been a useful concept to grasp the limitations of our current
*excessive* dependence on "fossil" fuels and inform everyone to be less
dependent on it. That's is helpful. But I think, it is also important to

keep the reality that energy sources can be had in myriad ways that
would
be available as and when it becomes imperative. Energy is not a thing in

itself, and that was Einstein's science, wasn't it ?

Thanks.

Padmanabha Rao