Re: Vamsi:knowing what we say

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    My friend, you are a true patriot!!  You care more for the people of India
than the power hungry institutions like GoI.  The people of India have paid a
heavy price so a few in the DoT and VSNL can benefit from it - even these
people have poor quality telecom service, I am sure.  No Government that
claims to be "for the people and by the people" would commit such an
"atrocity" against its own!!  This why I made the comment that GoI is no
different than the British Raj.

    I am afraid Telecom is just one part of the problem and deregulation would
give us a lot of breathing space.  However, India must have a good footing in
1st-tier technologies to have a strong Economy, strong Military, strong
Infrastructure, good healthcare, competive space exploration, and on and
on.......  I am afraid we can't wait for our bureaucrats to be educated, we
must take action by telling the people in the parliament (writing to them,
etc) that every such issue is going to cost them votes.  I have even suggested
to IPI that a history of how each MLA and MP has voted on such issues should
be published on this site.  This is how they will listen!!  We have to use the
"slow moving" wheel of democracy to our advantage for our sake and for the
sake of the future generations!

    We must never create a country where institutions have greater power (to
abuse) over the individuals in that country.  Concentration of power with
institutions will lead to abuse while distribution of power among all the
individuals in our nation will lead to checks and balances that will not allow
abuse of it by any one individual - we have thus taken the first step in
creating the most prosperous and most powerful nation on the Planet!!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.

--
Sincerely,