Re: Misconceptions et al (by Ritu)

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    Since you have labored so much to explain to me that "we know it and we
don't need anyone to tell us........" and it has been discussed at length,
etc.

    India is a democracy: right to vote, etc.  And the people also know, like
you have stated, that they are being oppressed.  In a democracy, it is safe to
say that the people own the country.  How can you explain the contradiction
that what you own is also your oppressor?

    Don't explain away with things like illiteracy because you have just now
agreed that "everyone" knows.  You might have used the word "everyone"
carelessly but that was your doing.  I am merely trying to point out that
missing minor details add up to the big problems that are plaguing India.
Having a precise model of the problems is the first step but it seems even
this we have successfully betrayed.

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.

--