Education update, question for IP, plus some specifics

Dear all:

My apologies for combining several threads into the response here. Time
is the usual culprit, please bear with me.

(x) Education:

India Together did a piece on an education-reform effort in West Bengal.
It raised the question in my mind that our draft policy statement on
education may not have considered non-formal education with sufficient
rigor. Any thoughts on that?
http://www.indiatogether.org/finish/stories/swanirvar.htm

(x) Education again, albeit a little different angle

A question for IP members. If we make all these drafts, compile them and
then circulate them, we will achieve some visibility for the opinions
culled here. But why wait until the entire effort is completed to start
putting the results out? Why not publish and publicize draft statements
as they are compiled. I'd love to see the education policy statement
published. We are putting together a page for education-related matters
on India Together, and if enough of us agree, we can publish the draft
there, and elsewhere too.

The more people know about the effort, the better we can spread the
word. I admit that I am personally interested in seeing some of the
drafts on IT, but I don't see that as a bad motive!

(x) What is the status of the drafts, anyway? I don't ever recall
anything saying that anything other than the education policy has been
drafted? Where are these stored?

(x) Free markets / govt. moderation.

I agree with Manoj's view that we are so far from the free market
situation that my observations do border on the academic. I'll keep that
in mind in the future.

(x) Censorship:

I tend to agree that some form of censorship in these posts is
desirable, but I have no clue how we might do that. On Silicon
Investors, there is an option where you can kill all posting from
specific individuals if you no longer want to listen to them. Of course,
the others still can, it is just a personal filter. Alternaltely, you
can simply delete all posts that you consider to be originating from
sources you do not care for. Personally, I don't mind reading all the
email I get, I'm just throwing out technical options here (Read: don't
bomb me!)

Regards,

Ash