Gujarat and accountability (contd...)

IPI_Marker

With due respect to the possibility of ISI involvement suggested
by Dr. Roy , I feel that it is not easy to mobilize 2000 people
and still remain behind the veils. The issue of external
involvement has been exagerrated by the media. If indeed ISI was
involved, why has the government not shown enthusiasm about
putting pressure on Pakistan the way it did after December 13. All
the media propaganda about ISI's involvement in the matter, to me,
appears to be more of a political move to shed off the
responsibility by the government. While it makes a good
international politics, it may not be right for us to allow the
politicians to get away easily by citing ISI involvement, which,
anyways, hardly comes under our sphere of influence. Our surmise
of ISI's involvement in India's internal problem has become too
trite to invite credible attention.

Nevertheless, the politicians must, certainly, be grilled to death
about irresponsibility in maintaining the law and order
situation.

Kartik has raised a very valid question: Whether the judicial
system can provide long lasting solution? Recently VHP gave
indications of abiding by the court decision. Dr. Roy, you might
want to throw some light on that too. If not, what do you think
could be an alternative? Do you agree with the kind of solution
Ashish proposed (maintaining weapons for personal protection) in
one of his posts?

Regards,
Yogesh