Re: Rule of Mob: You Get what you vote for

IPI_Marker

Very well said Krisnan.  I was wondering through all these great
deliberations about who will say the real thing.  That's exactly where the
problem lies  Us and us.  Every people get the government they deserve.  We
need to do look a lot longer in the mirror before we say another word
criticizing others.

Having said that however, it is also true, as Jefferson said, that the
government has a duty and obligation to educate and lead people and
establish and enforce laws to save us from our baser instincts.  Nations
have produced George Washington, Churchill and our Netaji Subhas Chandra
Bose who have led a dispirited and scared people to new horizons  by their
sheer power of leadership and vision and courage.  Even though they are a
representative of their people and a product of their times,  they had
something extra,  a moral strength that people needed and when found in
these people, followed them naturally.

I do not know what needs to happen to produce a similar leadership again in
our country.  And when I see pictures of people prostrating before JayLalita
as if she is the Mother India, I grow pessimistic about it ever being a
reality.   But on the flip side, as evidenced by the participation of many
fine people in these debates, and through certain recent people interactions
that I  recently had over a period of six weeks in India,  it is also true
there are many genuine patriots and social managers among us as well and are
itching to do something.  Why can't we harness these energies and produce a
group of people to usher a new beginning.  Or is it too romantic to think
of?  Wasn't it an original purpose of the IPI Manifesto to prepare it and
present it to the people of India as a new front?