Re: Gujarat tragedy - Solution - Legal Ownership of Weapons

IPI_Marker

I support that idea. Your analysis of the pros and cons is excellent indeed.
I do not condone violence or violent solution to problems, but there can be
no justification for not letting people be prepared to defend their and
their
families' lives and property when one is surrounded by mobs bent on setting
you on fire and the like, in a country where policing is non-existent.
Owning
firearms by people will have a great deterrent effect on mobs. As the Indian
Arms Act stands today one cannot even own a stick without inviting a penalty
of 7 years in prison. BTW I live in a state that is on the forefront of gun
ownership in the U.S. and I still think it is less likely that I will be
shot
by someone here than the possibility of being killed in a road accident on
my
next visit back home.

The problem with the solution you propose is that you talk too much like a
free person in a country where we have still not cast off the yoke of
antiquated laws made by our colonial masters to keep us oppressed and on the
mercy of the government, notwithstanding the lofty vision of the first page
of our constitution.

Regards

N.P. Singh