Re: Mr. Ashish should respect....

IPI_Marker

Hi Yogesh,

--- Yogesh Upadhyay <u_yogesh@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Rohit,
>
> "But why should one do good for the people?"
>
> Because, I believe in Nash Equilibrium. If guys
> still want to live
> in Smithian age, it's their choice (problem in my
> view).

I dont know much about Nash equilibrium.
I do believe that one cannot start with the basis or
stated goal of "doing good for people" whenever this
has been the driving motive it has caused more
problems than solved.
The underlying basis is that people cannot do good for
themselves - which is wrong.

IMHO is - "In my humble opinion".

> I dont care what IMHO is or HOMI is or OHMI etc is.
> But thanks for
> informing me. We should stop kidding ourselves by
> believing that
> India is just like any other democracy because only
> the
> acknowledgement of this fact could build a premise
> from where any
> debate or discussion about the suitability of any
> political theory
> to Indian context could be initiated. Till then, as
> you said, it
> would be mere manifestation of ignorance.

So what is this "Indian context"?
what are the charecteristics of it?
Should we view people living in the India as "Indians"
first or individuals first?
If we view people as individuals first then we can
surely arrive at a system which is geared to
protection of their rights and geared to provide a
conducive environment for their progress (progress
will be achieved by themselves not by anybody else).

> It would help the debators here to answer the
> following
> questions:
> 1. Is India a peculiar democracy?
> 2. If yes, how?
> 3. How do these peculiarities interact among
> themselves and with
> existing socio-econo-political theory that is
> troubling us?
> 4. Is there a way out?
> 5. If yes, then what?
> 6. What are the economic, social, political
> implications of the
> chosen theory?
> 7. Are the costs worth the benefit?
> 8. If yes, go ahead?
> 9. If not, then reask question #4?
> 10. Iterate 4 to 9 till optimum solution is
> achieved.

We cannot promulgate a socio-econo-political model
with a great detail. That is why individual freedom
coupled with capitalism works so well - there are very
few ground rules. The algorithm outlined here is what
the planning comission does and we all know how well
that has worked.

> It's not as plain as this algorithm, it's just how I
> view it very
> broadly. I am sure the makers of Indian constitution
> did their
> homework but I seriously doubt the verasity of data
> they based
> their theory on. Political experts are welcome to
> debate this out.
> But bear that there questions should not be answered
> based on
> whims and fancies but should be substantiated by
> operational data
> of demography and rational (keyword) assessment of
> intangible
> information and valid plan for contingencies. That I
> feel would be
> a robust design of an ideal theory for India.

I would rather have the last line say

"That I feel would be a robust design of an ideal
theory for individuals."

>Inputs
> are
> welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Yogesh

sure for an excellent paper on govt, law and
capitalism
please refer to Frederic Bastiat's work @
www.bastiat.org

government: http://bastiat.org/en/government.html