Re: Mr. Ashish should respect....

IPI_Marker

Dear Rohit,

"But why should one do good for the people?"

Because, I believe in Nash Equilibrium. If guys still want to live
in Smithian age, it's their choice (problem in my view).

I dont care what IMHO is or HOMI is or OHMI etc is. But thanks for
informing me. We should stop kidding ourselves by believing that
India is just like any other democracy because only the
acknowledgement of this fact could build a premise from where any
debate or discussion about the suitability of any political theory
to Indian context could be initiated. Till then, as you said, it
would be mere manifestation of ignorance.

It would help the debators here to answer the following
questions:
1. Is India a peculiar democracy?
2. If yes, how?
3. How do these peculiarities interact among themselves and with
existing socio-econo-political theory that is troubling us?
4. Is there a way out?
5. If yes, then what?
6. What are the economic, social, political implications of the
chosen theory?
7. Are the costs worth the benefit?
8. If yes, go ahead?
9. If not, then reask question #4?
10. Iterate 4 to 9 till optimum solution is achieved.

It's not as plain as this algorithm, it's just how I view it very
broadly. I am sure the makers of Indian constitution did their
homework but I seriously doubt the verasity of data they based
their theory on. Political experts are welcome to debate this out.
But bear that there questions should not be answered based on
whims and fancies but should be substantiated by operational data
of demography and rational (keyword) assessment of intangible
information and valid plan for contingencies. That I feel would be
a robust design of an ideal theory for India. Inputs are
welcome.

Regards,
Yogesh