security to the citizens. In that respect India has failed the basic test of
an organized, let alone a civilized society. Really our constitution is not
worth the paper it is written on.

In a message dated 3/1/02 10:39:43 PM Central Standard Time,
jamesmurickan@yahoo.com writes:

<< Subj:     Reg communal violence & harmony
 Date:  3/1/02 10:39:43 PM Central Standard Time
 From:  jamesmurickan@yahoo.com (James Sebastian)
 Sender:    owner-india_policy@cinenet.net
 To:    debate@indiapolicy.org

 IPI_Marker

 Dear friends,

 It is very sad that India is in flames. The nexus between politics &
 criminals and criminalisation of politics put our country in this state.
 Also, it shows that the patriotism often told by "VHP" is just a ploy. If
 they are very much nation loving they wil not go for "making temples" ..but
 will be going to making "saraswathy temples" , that is vadyalayas for
 education of illiterate massess.

 It is surprising that like these many self proclamed patriots only want to
 buildup tensions and hatred, never want to rebuild any "NALANDA" or
 "Thakshasila" which was destroyed.

 Not only ram temple, but these things which showed our interest in
education
 alos was destroyed during the course of history.

 Let us strive to love others in other religions and build a united,
powerful
 and strong India.

 James Sebastian