[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Indians India's struggle, and IPI....



---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please help make the Manifesto better, or accept it, and propagate it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

IPI_Marker

The only thing that seems "artificial" on this forum is when you call
yourself "Indian" and then artificially talk about America and American
concerns.  As someone else said before, you are NOT an Indian so why don't
you stop telling other Indians on this forum as if you are someone superior,
descending from a great country like America, to enlighten the rest of us!

As someone else suggested, you need to learn to respect Indians on this
forum!!  Give respect and then take respect - sounds fair to me!

bye,
Vamsi M.

> Hi moderator,
>             I agree with you that we, as Indian, come to terms with our
> own struggle. But I respectfully disagree with you that we should
> refrain from attacking each other in general. Actually, by venting our
> differences in a debate we can avoid physical violence. Maintaining
> outward facade of "unity" cannot be sustained when people do not know
> each other personally. This will work only within a small community
> (family, neighborhood etc.). Therefore, we should not bother about
> maintaining this kind of "artificial" show of unity. That's why we have
> right to expression in the constitution. That means we can say anything
> (even insulting, denigrating things) to anybody without the fear of
> physical reprisal from the Govt. or a particular community whose
> feelings are getting hurt.
>
> However, if you are talking from the point of view of efficiency of the
> debate I firmly agree with you. Since, this is a forum about policy
> issues no point in wasting time in attacking each other personally.
>
> Don't misunderstand me! I am not arguing with you as related to these
> forum policies. My objection pertains to your point of "outward unity"
> in general. I think serious diagreements between Indians even including
> personal attacks need not damage India's image abroad. In fact, level
> of personal attacks (that goes to credibility, beliefs of the persons
> including character) are much more ruthless here in US than I ever seen
> among educated Indians.
>
> Regards,
> --- moderate@indiapolicy.org wrote:
> > Ladies and Gentlemen:
> >
> > For the past week or so we have seen many messages where Indians were
> > bashing other Indians - this is very unpatriotic!  Before we ask
> > other
> > nations to understand our position, I suggest that we, as Indians,
> > come to
> > terms with our own struggle - both Domestic and International.
> > Unless we do
> > this no one else in the world will bother to respect us and attacking
> > others
> > on the forum instead of standing "united" will only tarnish our image
> > as
> > Indians!!
> >
> > respectfully,
> > IPI Moderator



--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the National Debate on System Reform.       debate@indiapolicy.org
Rules, Procedures, Archives:            http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------