Re: Beautiful article by former director of CIA

IPI_Marker

The author of the article has cited a "cool" example to bring out
the analogy. However, while most western audience may be
illusioned into believing that America is one such marshal on the
world stage, we Indians, with over 900 movies releasing in India
every year, almost all of them driving the same point, I believe,
are better judge than anybody to know that although it makes an
entertaining (or otherwise) movie, it hardly makes practical
sense.
In international arena, ultimately what matters is national
interest. All nations pursue their own interest and all diplomatic
statements are toward that end. Just as we dont see real-life
"marshals", we could not think of America as crusader for eternal
worldly peace. No nation does anything for other. As far as peace
is concerned, it comes by balance of power, whichever way it is;
one of which is desirable, other is not.

Regards,
Yogesh