Identity as an IPI rule/practice

IPI_Marker

We used to have a rule, or at least a practice, that anyone contributing =
to IPI did so openly, under his/her own name, and even with locations =
and addresses known.  Underlying it was the idea that the forum was a =
very serious one where anyone who had an opinion could argue it out =
reasonably as he/she might do with a friend or a neighbour.  Also, it =
ought to prevent what I think is called "flaming", i.e. mutual "gali".

Current discussants may wish to consider this.

Subroto Roy