From: Gopinath Rajee [mailto:grajee@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 10:12 AM
To: debate@indiapolicy.org
Subject: Re: Muslim world is the poorest, most illiterate, most backward

IPI_Marker

Hi Ashish,

I do agree with you except for your reference to
Shabana Azmi. When the Imam was exorting the Indian
Muslims to fight the Americans, it was she who asked
the Imam to Shutup.

Regarding the rest of ur writing. Every other Muslim
country in the Middle East is rich and will be rich
for the next 50 years atleast, thanks to the Oil.

It seems Saudi Arabia is sitting on 25% of the Worlds
Oil supply, yet its international Debt is $100
Billion.
Essentially, affluency, has made the people very
complacent. Today, they dont want to educate the
woman because it is UnIslamic. This being the
attitude,
there is nothing much US or India can do about these
countries.

The Wahabbi ruler, very recently in 1980s, proclaimed
that the Earth is Square in shape and that is how the
the citizens should believe. Can anyone believe it.
At a time when man has conquered the moon, here is a
Islamic moron (the other moron being the Roman
Catholic Pope who pelted Galilieo to death when
Gailileo said that the earth is round), asking the
people to believe in his stupidity.

In places like Somalia, where people dying out of
starvation and famine, is a religion really necessary.
But look how Islamic Radicals have misused this
poverty.

The point is that if people dont want to chane thier
attitude and priorities there is nothing much the rest
of the world can do about it. If countries cant
replace
their religious thoughts with Rationality, there is
nothing that can be done.

-- Gopi

--- Ashish Hanwadikar <ashish_hanwadikar@yahoo.com> >
Hi,