Re: Muslim world is the poorest, most illiterate, most backward,

most
Sender: owner-india_policy@cinenet.net

IPI_Marker

Musharraf is 100% right. And we in India better realize that this applies to
the great majority of Indian Muslims too. Infact the poverty, illiteracy and
economic backwardness of Indian Muslims is even more alarming. We merely
have
to look at the percentage of Muslims in our Engineering, Medical,
professional college classes and the under representation of Muslims in
business, government and armed forces etc to realize that how far behind the
Muslims are left even in India. . The economic and political marginalization
of the Muslims in India is one of the reasons why religious fundamentalism
and terrorism flourishes in their midst, and not the other way around.
Unless
serious efforts are made to correct this situation India will have to pay a
high price for this neglect in the future.