Re: Arundhati Roy on Juriprudence

IPI_Marker

Hi Rajiv,

> The Palestinians are the most discriminated against
> community in the world in the last 50 years. They
> deserve justice. How can they get justice? It hasn't
> happened in the last 50 years. It probably won't
> happen without more bloody conflicts. Even then it may
> not happen. It's insulting and insensitive to suggest
> that they don't want peace. Who's going to give them
> peace?
>
> Also, you are taking the words too literally. Most
> people DO NOT want war. It's too painful in many many
> ways. Suggesting otherwise would be stupid.

I firmly believe that Palestinian people are so blind with hatred of
Israel and US that they can't tolerate Israel among them. They
repeatedly refused to recognized Israel. Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran and
so many other Muslim countries have refused to recognize Israel. Their
aim is to destroy Israel and US along with it (for supporting Israel).
That is a reality. I challenge you to show me a news report in which
Muslim countries have recognized formation of Israel even after 50
years of its existence. Just show me! Israel has made lots of
concessions to Palestinians however there was no decrease in violence
at all. Yasser Arafat (I still can't believe that he has got Nobel
Peace Prize) is not able to control his people, has not been able to
hold free and fair elections in Palestian for number of years now.
Worst thing, he is accussed of bringing in arms from Iran.

And if you think Palesinian people want peace just try applying that
concept to Pakistan which is no different. We have given up half of
Kashmir, we have returned them the terrority we captured in War, and
what we got in return? Everytime we extend hand of friendship we get
attacked from behind (Lahore Bus trip, Agra summit, and numerous other
occassions). And Indian people and rest of the people in the World
can't seem to realize that Muslim people don't want peace. They can't
have kaffirs amongst them. Their religion calls for violence against
polytheist people. They are uneducated, backward, and too blind in
their workship of religion. Without a serious retialiation from the
rest of the world they will never understand that just because somebody
is poor and hungry does not mean people will tolerate terrorism. These
people do not believe in religious freedom. They do not believe in
freedom of expression. If a women gets raped then she is sentenced to
prison for adultery. They will never understand what the freedom is
unless we act with resolve and show them their proper place.

When US decided to attack Afghanistan lots of people said that it will
increase hatred of US among Muslims. There will be lots of protests on
Arab streets. What actually happened? After US attacked and won in
Afghanistan protesters are nowhere to be seen! Arab streets are silent.
What India could not achieve over years of persuasion, and friendship
US achieved within a month. And Mushraff may be making lots of noise
against India but he knows that if he doesn't clean up the mess he will
have to pay for it.

I think it is this confusion over how to deal with Muslim religious
extremism is going to kill us if we do not resolve to root it out with
strong arm tactics. There is no alternative.

Regards,
Ashish K Hanwadikar