RE: British IT workers want Indians to go home

IPI_Marker

Navin,
I beleive in Locke's idea of The Rational Man.  That each individual acts in
his own self interest and that the wealth of society is maximized when each
individual is free to act in his own interest.

As for Globalization, I think you have it backwards.  You are correct in
saying that developing countries must raise their standard of living, but
how?  The answer is through trade and investment with rich countries.  When
a poor country trades with a rich country, the wage rate of the poor country
converges with the rich country. When the British took control of HongKong,
its standard of living was identical to the rest of China.  However, when
HongKong was returned to China, its standard of living (GDP/Capita) was
higher than that of Britain!  Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea and more
recently China, have all increased their standard of living through
Globalization (export led growth and foreign investment).

If India is to catch up with China, India must attract more foreign
investment (currently receives  only one twentieth of China) and increase
exports.