RE: British IT workers want Indians to go home

IPI_Marker

It is one thing to work for a lower wage, and another to work for a
"degrading" rate. Sir, I for one would never work for anything less than
what a Brit makes; but I can no longer do that if I have "default" Indian
price tag of 23 pounds 50 pence.

You are right absolutely right: individuals should decide how much they want
to work for; but they must think about the others in the boat. So don't work
too cheap: set some standards. We produce the world's best software; heck,
the employer better be able to compensate well for it.

You are again right: the idea behind globalization is that we shall have one
world economy: where a loaf of bread in the UK would cost the same in Papua
New Guinea. But the developing and the developed worlds should go slow on
this (and not do things in a hurry).

The developing world must raise their standards of living closer to the
developed world, and the developed world must let this happen. And when we
are more or less on par, we can integrate economies, and have one world
economy. But this is idealistic. But we can get close to it. If India,
China, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Bangladesh raise their standards close to
that of, say, Singapore, then most of the world's population will be living
a good life;--where IT guys in India and Britain will be getting paid
equally.

Navin Kadambi (...Gafri is my domain id)