Re: indias pakistan troubles

----- Original Message -----
From: Ritu Ko <ritu_ko@hotmail.com>
To: <debate@indiapolicy.org>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: indias pakistan troubles

> umesh wrote:
>
> >Some political parties have  clearly said no to speak 'Vande mataram'

> in
> >
> >assembly as well as parliament.This is on the records.
>
> I know. They are well within their rights to do so. This does not in
> itself
> make them treasonous traitors.

They does not say so because it not not ok with their regiligion.

> >Muslim personal law was passed by Congress goverment for the politics

> of
> >
> >vote bank.
>
> Yes, and which party has revoked it for the good of the nation? None,
> according to my information.
>
> Politics has become a game of hegemony, most listen to the same
> politicians
> who make and keep such laws and buy the whole bullshit of 'birth
> determines
> character'.
>
> The question is - are we content to live this way or do we require a
> rational society where individual dignity counts for something?
>
> Ritu

In Mumbai the political party Muslim league has annoucesd that they will

give election tickets to
all bomb blast accused because they are sure that they will win in
muslim
majority area.

Recent news I saw is muslims in India are opposing the decision of
Indian
goverment to support
U.S.  for action against Afghanistan.

-Umesh