Re: India's place in the world....

I wonder how Indian can be altruistic.

I think had Indian  been altruistic about their fellow citizen, then
i firmly believe that the our country should not have been in so much
mess.

if neta had been altruistic then they should have worked for
people, but they don't. they don't even fulfil their responsibility
towards
people. these breed can be any thing but altruistic.

if people holding position would have been atruistic they should have
fulfilled at least their declared responsibility if not more than that.

Even a normal person, a person on the street, might preach about this,
but
in most cases they will do the same as above personalities had done or
doing
if given the chance.

one glairing example of common man indivisualism become evident when
thay
bribe some one to extract personal advantage at the expense of other.

HERE ONE POINT HAS TO BE REMEMBERED THAT EXCEPTION(WHO ARE ALTRUIST )
SHOUD
NOT BE TAKEN AS GENERAL PHENOMENA.
THEY ARE RARE.

altrism is NOT the problem. it could have been solution to many of the
problem India facing.

i agree that there is felling of self-disgust and pity  for himself
among
indians but i firmly belive self-disgust and pity is not atriusm. it
come
from lack of confidence in himself.

your sincerely
Satish Bihari