Re: India's place in the world....

Hello,

One of the things which I really dont like is treating
the human beings residing in east (Asia and Mid east)
as different from human beings residing in the western
hemisphere with probably different basic needs as
regards to conditions necessary for prosperity and
hapiness.
As far as America is concerned this idea of society as
a living entity in itself has some about only in
earlier part of the 1900s - something which many
Americans dont like.
I dont think America is successful because of
confluence of individualism and communitarianism.
Indeed I believe these are contradictory and cannot
reside together at all.
But that is a topic of some other debate.
We are talking about India here.

Thanks
Rohit