Re: indias pakistan troubles

Ashish,

We do try to defend Kashmiries and the land of Kashmir itself.  However,
the
sad truth that Indians aren't aware of is that most of the terrorists
are
disgruntled Kashmiries themselves.  The local population doesn't want
anything
to do with India.  They pick up arms and along with their supporters
(which
comprise Pakistani nationals, people from PoK, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.)
and
wage a war/insurgency against India.  If most of the people were armed,
it is
they who would shoot down our BSF guards and other jawans.

How did this come to be--can Pakistan's argument actually be right?

Well, yes and no.  Pakistan is correct in saying that if a plebiscite
were
held, the majority of Kashmiries would not opt for accesion to the
Indian
Union.  However, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to recognize that this is due
to 10
years of Islamization and 40 years of simply being disgruntled.  The
Hindus
have been kicked out or simply killed, and Islamic Fundamentalism has
risen
like hell.  In fact, right across the LoC, there is not even a single
Sikh or
Hindu--it is 100% Muslim; and not just Muslim, it's "Islamist."

Moreover, India has followed Article 370 of its own Constitution which
prohibits Indian nationals from settling in Kashmir.  Therefore, there
has
been no Indian presense in Kashmir, Kashmiries themselves are
increasingly
Islamist and dislike India, and our jawans fight the population which
receives
undying support from Pakistan.

If the plebiscite were held in 1949, there would be no doubt that almost
all
Kashmiries--even the ones in PoK and the Northern Areas of Pakistan
(Gilgit,
Skardu, etc.) would want merger with India.  However, Pashtoons and Pak.

nationals invaded, Pakistan was given a UN order to vacate those areas
so that
a plebiscite could be taken.  Pak., for the sake of it's own interests
did not
vacate the lands and the plebisicte was not held.  It incorporated those
lands
with an unjust Constitution and no plebiscite was held.  Over the years
and
decades, Kashmiries (who were never really pro-India anyway) became less

pro-India and so it was in India's interest (and still is) to not hold a

plebiscite.

The way to solve the problem is to rescind Article 370, let the 400,000
Hindus
go back; keep a huge jawan force there to protect them, and start
settling in
Indians from other states to change the demography the way China did in
Tibet.  (Tibet is only 50% Tibetan now; the other 50% is ethnic Han
Chinese).

But, good, honest Indians don't know this, and our politicians--well,
that's a
whole other debate.

--Mihir

Ashish Hanwadikar wrote:

> Hi,
>     One thing I have always failed to understand why there is a
> question about ownership of Kashmir by India vs. Pakistan. To my mind
> the question was completely settled when Kashmiri Maharaja signed
> Accession to India with full support majority leadership in Kashmir.
We
> successfuly defended the Kashmir from Pakistani attack.
>     What about the Kashmiri people whom we are treating like a
Football