Re: India's place in the world....

Gentlemen:

Hon.Kuan Yew Lee once said:
[...] "Asians are in little doubt that a society with communitarian
values
where the interests of society take precedence over that of the
individual,
suits them better than the individualism of Americans. Asians see
Japanese
achievement standards as higher...."

well, but it's  seems to me that American democracy and the American
economy
were successful not because of individualism or communitarianism alone
but
because of the interaction of these two opposing tendencies.

Regards,

Boopathi S. Manickam (Seattle..Wa)