Re: India's place in the world....

My comment was not directed at your question. The people in this board
are
arguing each other's comments instead of providing their own input.

What role do I see for India in this century?

The role is yet to be defined. we are at cross roads, while there are
encouraging signs, there are also disturbing trends.

However, here is to start with,

Role for India in this century is to make 1/6 of world's population more

productive, wealthy, happy.

Role for India in this century is to provide all its citizens, dignity
live as human beings.

Yes! dignity for all its citizens to live as humans, not as animals.,
that
is a big enough role.

As far as India's role in world peace, spiritualism and other.. feel
goody
things,  those are not important. Those things don't mean anything to
anybody and are blatantly hypocritical.

First let's take care of ourselves,Indians,  before we pontificate to
others
about anything.

Sincerely
Krishnan Kandasamy

>From: vamsi@siliconcorp.com
>To: debate@indiapolicy.org
>Subject: Re: India's place in the world....
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 04:45:18 -0700 (PDT)

>Krishnan Kandasamy wrote:
>
> > We can argue and argue for ever. But will that result in anything?.
> >

>I am not arguing at all....just asking what role do Indians see for
India