Re: indias pakistan troubles

Hi,
    One thing I have always failed to understand why there is a
question about ownership of Kashmir by India vs. Pakistan. To my mind
the question was completely settled when Kashmiri Maharaja signed
Accession to India with full support majority leadership in Kashmir. We
successfuly defended the Kashmir from Pakistani attack.
    What about the Kashmiri people whom we are treating like a Football
in the whole game? Best way would be to defend with full power of
Indian Military their right to life, property and liberty as we
promised when we accepted the Accession. Otherwise, nobody (other
states) will take India's promise of protection seriously.
     Also, we need to allow Kashmiri People to protect themselves. We
need to allow ownership of Arms by Kashmiri People to protect their
life and property. Years of Military presence in Kashmir has not
yielded any benefits. Kashmiri people themselves are the in the best
position to defend themselves. State of Kashmir should make sure that
Arms ownership by ordinary people do not cause any large scale violence
and no laws are broken by anybody (that is nobody should harm other
unless they need to defend themselves there and there itself).
Regards,
Ashish