Re: indias pakistan troubles

Ritu,

Look at the map.  Notice how close Islamabad is to the Kasmir border.
That
is why Pakistan will never stop  trying to annex Kashmir.  Now assume
Kashmir belonged to the Pakis.  Notice how close Delhi gets to the new
Pak
border.  That is why India will never give up Kashmir.  Kashmir,
religion,
human rights, independence for the Kashmiris, these are all bullshit
reasons
people throw around...  In truth the whole game will never stop!  As
long as
Kashmir belongs to one, the other will never feel "safe".

Later
AP

--- Ritu Ko <ritu_ko@hotmail.com> wrote:
What I can't understand is why we so badly want to keep Kashmir... I
mean
most of us can't go and settle there, most of the people who do live
there
hate the idea of being Indians, and then all those lives and all that
money
thrown away to keep them Indians. I guess I just don't see the point.