Re: India's place in the world....

Yes, I can - the US.
India has one and only one core problem - altruism.
It comes up in form of religion, social structure.
For all the ancient wisdom and culture we have not
come up with the basic understanding that an
individual has to be the primary consideration. In
India an individual is crushed since his birth - by
social structures, religious reverence and inculcated
with the belief of self-disgust and pity. He is taught
to work for others - his family, his religion, his
country etc. never for himself. In our country we have
not come up with a fair understanding of life,
liberty, pursuit of hapiness (which is a cardinal sin
in all the religions practiced here) and right to
property.
Any serious analysis of history will realise that the
last 4 things - which came into human scope of
understanding in the Renaissance period and were the
principles of forming the US are the only truly
civilized form of human survival and prosperity.

India as a country and as a culture fails to
understand this - though some if it's citizen do
realize these values.

Rohit