Re: India's place in the world....

vamsi wrote:

>I believe India is the only hope for this planet in this century -
India
>MUST build a strong military to protect its borders but we are also
>endowed with maturity and wisdom from ancient times to look upon others

>through an empathetic lens!!
>
>What the world needs in this century is a country with a vibrant
>economy, democratic power structure, and a strong military but also has

>a great heritage, ancient wisdom, culture, and respect for human life -

>I cannot think of any other country capable of fitting in this slot
>other than India!  Can you?

Well, I'd feel more hopeful about being 'hope for the world' if we
Indians
actually understood and acted on our ancient wisdom, great heritage,
glorious culture....
As for respect for human life, what makes you think we Indians have any?

{OF course, individuals do, but as a group we seem to be indulging in
carnage more frequently than any other group].

Ritu