On the nuclear weapons issue

For some reason, IPI seems to be discussing nuclear weapons;  my
position on
that for what it is worth is that India and Pakistan would be insane to
deploy nuclear weapons against one another... even wind changes would
case
the radioactivity to float across the border back to the user...
however,
such insane stupidity is well within the feasibility sets of both
Governments especially the Pakistani Government, whose elite members
have
little real stake in the country as they have exported their kids and
their
bank-accounts to places like Potomac, Maryland.   During Kargil or just
before, there was even a Foreign Minister of theirs talking about nuking
us;
cf my article "Was a Pakistani Grand Strategy Discerned in Time by
India?"
in Security and Policy Risk Analysis Bulletin, July 1999.

The alternative to such insane stupidity is my proposed solution "Common

Defence, Common Market, Common J&K", over time-frames of 1 yeyears and 5

years respectively in that order.

If anyone knows any Pakistani e-boards, please do forward this to them.

Subroto Roy