Re: Chimera of a Muslim Population Growth Rate

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Garg" <gargsam@hotmail.com>
To: <debate@indiapolicy.org>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 7:19 PM
Subject: Chimera of a Muslim Population Growth Rate

> But this is from the JNU and therefore little better than communist
> propaganda.
>
> Sanjay

And the above is from a "Sanjay" whom I have never heard of.
Further, the statement fails horrifically to provide any evidence that
conclusively proves the Dr. Mohan Rao article to be "little better than
communist propaganda". I do not see any reason why the article below
might in fact be pure communist propaganda, but at least Dr. Rao has
provided evidence to support his propaganda. I suggest Mr. Sanjay
at least attempt to do the same, and prevent his own statement from
being little better than anti-communist propaganda.

If Mr. Sanjay is unable to back his above statement with evidence,
perhaps he might be able to contact an anti-communist institution
and ask them to send representatives to this debate. Hopefully they
will be able to provide more rational responses with meaningful
evidence.

If this is not possible, I suggest Mr. Sanjay refrain from making
baseless remarks like this in the future.

For the purposes of Mr. Sanjay's record, I am neither a communist
myself nor am I affiliated with JNU in any way. I do however value
evidence and the rational conclusions that arise from that evidence,
which Dr. Rao has done exceptionally well. And I am thankful to
Mr. Guptara for posting it here because the article has indeed been
very interesting to read.

Sincerely,

Rahul Mittal