Re: the truth about America....

Dear Abhigit:

Refreshing to read your comments not because you support my position but
you
said it so succinctly.  I read in Ritu's posts, and she is a lone voice
in
this drama, that there may be something, really something,  we need to
fix
ourselves first, individually and nationally, before we examine other
inadequacies.  I used to think we Bengalis suffer from this
self-delusion
far more than other communities but I am not so sure now after reading
contributions to this forum.  Whether America in particular and the
Western
world in general, become our adversary, our bugaboo, or the influence we

love to hate, it is mutating.  Soon you will no longer be able to play
off
this familiar foil to generate so much perverse energy.  What shall we
do
then?  Search frantically for a new candidate to serve as the focus of
our
projected fears? Let's hope not. Instead, perhaps just perhaps, you will

dispense altogether your need for a scapegoat somewhere else and look
inward.
Then may be, we will finally be able to face the enemy within us and
begin
the tricky negotiations that will ultimately lead to a lasting peace.

Regards,

Priyo