Re: Two wrongs do not make a right II

>Dr. Subroto Roy wrote:
>
>>What I fail to see is the
>>relevance
>>of bringing in past bad things that have happened in India in this
>>evaluation of incidents occurring in America.
>
>I cannot speak for anyone else but since you ask, here is my reason: to

>illustrate my point that we are as capable of bad deeds as anybody
else.
>The
>flip side is that we are as capable of glorious deeds as anybody else
>too.
>
>Regards,
>Ritu

Of course I agree.  I did not mean you had brought up this seeming
irrelevancy but others I think had; e.g. what happened to the Sikhs in
Delhi
in 1984 or what happened at Parition was grotesque but not directly
relevant
to the evaluation of present incidents in America or Britain, unless, I
suppose, someone wanted to say that since Indians and Pakistanis came
from
such cultures themselves they had better get used to that kind of
treatment
in the West too.

However, I am snowed under and unable to continue this slightly
interesting
discussion.

SR