Re: WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!

Ritu Ko: completely and absolutely well said.

Dr. Roy, realize the difference in principle of what is happening here
vs.
what happens in India.  It is not possible for law enforcement agencies
be everywhere at everytime.  The actions of a few morons should not
cloud
the fact that the Americans are tolerant people.  The guy who shot the
sardar was caught the same day and charged the next.  He will doubtless
spend a substantial amount of time in jail.  The president and many
important people have asked for tolerance on TV.  He also specifically
mentioned Sikhs.  The government has gone out of its way to make people
aware that this not a time for singling out minorities.  Ordinary people
of
Christian faith protected mosques by holding vigils outside.
Unfortunate
incidents have happened and will continue to happen, here and all over
the
world. There can be no perfect implementation of the law.  What matters
is
the integrity of the MAJORITY of the govt and law enforcement officials
and
the fact that they sincerely are trying to do their best.  Tell me that
you
can say the same for India.  Injustice is always done by someone
somewhere
and cannot be avoided.  WHat matters is that justice is done swiftly
too.

Later
AP

--- Ritu Ko <ritu_ko@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

> the
> sake of sanctimonious idiots who can't stop bleating long enough to
> think.
>
> I say, often and loudly, that we are in a mess. We are. I say that our

> greatest threat is from us. It is. I say that focussing on the
misdeeds
> of
> others is a waste of time and doesn't do anything constructive for us.

> It is
> true.
>
> What you fail to understand that this criticism stems from a love for
my

> country. I fail to see what service I would render my nation by
telling
> patently ridiculous, demonstratably baseless lies [I seem to remember
> somebody in this forum making the statement that India offers the same

> opportunities as the US for individual advancement. Strangely enough,
> that
> certain somebody doesn't even live here]. How can we even think of
> improving
> when we don't have the courage to acknowledge the present messy
reality?

> Surely, an acknowledgement of what is has to be the first step in
> change. I
> thought that would be obvious to anybody with a brain. Apparently, I
am
> guilty of overestimating the sense of some people.
>
> Another aspect of my criticism stems from an almost chauvinistic pride

> in my
> culture and heritage. I am a student of Indian history and politics,
> have
> been for the past 15 years. I have read our ancient epics and shastras

> [I
> wonder if you have actually read any of the originals] and I am sick
of
> the
> currently prevailing perverted form of the sanatana dharma. A lot of
my
> criticism stems from the thought, "Hell! If anybody ought to know
> better, it
> is us!"
>
> In all your harpings about the cloud of distrust that is settling over

> the
> US today [with regard to Asians and Arabs], did you ever stop to think

> of
> the way we treat our own people? If you had, you would not have made
> such a
> long, gleeful jump to define the entire US as evil. What about what
> happened
> at the funeral of Balbir Singh Sondhi? A highly placed representative
of
> the
> executive went there and actually declared that this was a cowardly
act
> of
> murder, not a demonstration of patriotism. Politically motivated?
Sure.