Two wrongs do not make a right

>I am seriously beginning to wonder - Do people here actually *believe*
>the
>us and them division? And then translate it into good and bad divide?
>Which country has a perfect constitution? Which society has *always*
>treated
>*all* of its citizens fairly?

Ms. Ko, as usual, points to the most pertinent questions.   Surely  what
is
happening here reminds us of the old adage that two wrongs do not make a

right.  A grotesque suicidal act of mass murder takes place in America,
unparalleled in recent history.    Several thousand people die.   The
precise culpability for the crime is as yet unknown, at least by the
public.
This is followed by  a backlash on some racial/ethnic minorities in
America.
Perhaps we in India are getting the wrong news on this, perhaps not, but

what we get to hear is that there have been scores of incidents of this
kind.  It hasn't at all to do with "us" and "them" but merely with
evaluating every case on its merits.    What I fail to see is the
relevance
of bringing in past bad things that have happened in India in this
evaluation of incidents occurring in America.

Subroto Roy