Re: the truth about America....

Excellent Ritu.  Cannot agree more.  I notice a distinct change in Vamsi
in
recent posts.  I always admired him in the past for straightforward
sincere
views.  I have sent him and all of you an article addressed to American
Muslims written by a Muslim. I am surprised nobody commented on it.  The

article stressed the exact theme.  Which is that if America is so bad,
why
the hell are you here still?  Especially, in Vamsi's case, where he
maintains India offers the same opportunities as America.  Has he gone
nuts?
Did he come here to make a few bucks and then leave?  In that case he
can
say whatever he wants because he has not made a choice.  But if he made
choice to live here how does he justify to himself his reasons for being

here when America produces such negative feelings in him?  Where is the
moral authority?

When all the cows come home there must be something good in America that

outweighs the bad or you are a man with impaired abilities to
distinguish.
You come here, you trash everything this country has to offer, you ride
its
highways, sleep in its safe neighborhood and work in its offices or labs
or
whatever and then you bash the U.S.  How can one live with such
contradictions?  By all means critique weaknesses and deficiencies- and
America has many- but praise what needs to be praised as well.  Truly
speaking, I am at a loss to comprehend him.

For entrenched immigrants like myself, love for India is a private
mantra
which I recite in private because I am keenly aware of its inherent
hypocrisy.  Many people here, like myself, secretly harbor a sense of
guilt
for not doing their share of service for their motherland and the
feeling
gets pronounced with the passage of years.  But most of us are between
the
rock and the hard place.  It is a personal tragedy for first generation
immigrants like us and permeates thru our beings.  As ordinary
individuals,
we lack the monastic strength to uproot ourselves from all the little
corners we built here and go back home where home is distant, unknown
and
not specifically looking for us.  If a leadership rises in India which
requires our expertise and knowledge in whatever we do and sincerely
beckons
us home, I guarantee there will be an exodus.   I have spoken to many
NRIs,
eminent and experts in their fields, and the common theme resonates.

We are all vampires like Drakula.  We can only enter a home when
invited.

Regards,

Priyo