Re: Importance of solving Pak issue and more....

Well said.....Rahul....

I would like to add.... not only just the Kashmir issue
but myriad other key issues like Education are not tackled.
People in the ruling class acts very selfishly even after
indipendance, educating their children at the expense of
whole people of India, and manipulating the "merit system",
but soon they found that without overall development and
economic development which can come with overall advancement
of productivity of the Nation which again requires overall
level of advancement in Education prosperity cannot come....
easy way out, emigrate to greener pastures or indulge in
corruption..... keep issues like Kashmir pending a good
diversionary option...... armed forces schools are good
breading ground for future citizens of other countries!

The manipulation of the merit system introduce mediocrity
at all levels and increase in corruption at all levels.
The manipulation of the merit system occurs without even
the knowledge of the beneficiaries.

Here is a story........

A mediocre boy struggles through the school,
with poor marks, when he appears of the public exam
in SSLC he comes out with flying colours the boy who
had never scored more than 50/100 in mathematics
gets 95/100, marks for the other subjects are
also like that, even he is surprised so were his
friends.... miracles can happen in public exams,
invisible hands can go to work if you belong to
certain caste........

The boy gets admission to the best college in the
town, when many of his brighter friends were not
able to. The boy struggles through the classes,
again when the public exam results comes he is
himself surprised, comes out with flying colours.
Gets admission to the best medical college.....
One more mediocre doctor is created.... who may
go on to government service and one day will
reach the pinnacle of public health administration.
or may be emigrate to greener pastures....

The story gets repeated many many times, long live
the "merit system"...... the *secret* of Indian
mediocrity....

MV.