Re: WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!

Well, here I go again:

> > I am wondering how to bring this your attention, but the world has
changed
> > significantly since 1945. At that time, the world was divided into
two
camps
> > [remember the Allies vs Axis?]
>
> Yes much like today's NATO vs. the Free World....except no one would
> dare to think different today!!

You know, I actually wonder how much of the world outside of NATO is in
fact
"free" like you put it. Hmm let's see, there's Iran, your beloved
Pakistan
which you love to attack, China, half (or maybe all?) of the countries
in
Africa, Eastern Europian countries, Colombia... ahh yes, perfect emblems
of
the "Free World". I'm sorry to say if that is your idea of a "Free
World",
then I am happier to be in an Imprisoned World. "Dare to think
different?"
you ask? ROTFLMAO I think it is you who dares to not think different.
Just
like the superb leaders of the countries mentioned above that dare not
allow
their own citizens to think different. A perfect picture for a future,
"powerful" India, exactly how you would like it. With you as supreme
leader
of that India of course.

> > and all attempts were on to end the war as soon as possible. Only
one
country had the
> > atomic bomb and it used it
>
> India's defense policy MUST follow this same dogma or else we are at
the
> mercy of
> others.  Today, only one country (India) must have the best weaponry
so
> that everyone
> will believe our propoganda completely in the hopes of feeling secure
> under our
> military apparatus and no one will ever question us - I like
> that....don't you?!

WHOA!!! Attention people I smell Adolf Hitler II in the ranks. It has
absolutely got to
be Indian propoganda that is supreme and absolute, regardless of what
anybody else
thinks. In fact, Mr. Vamsi believes that he wants everyone in the world
believe
"our" (meaning "India's") propoganda. In reality he wants all of us to
believe HIS
propoganda. He like's the idea that "no one will ever question us". I am

sorry again
Mr. Vamsi but I do NOT like a world where nobody ever questions us. Just

like within
a single democratic country's government, the entire strength of the
government lies
in the fact that citizens ask questions, and through the diversity of
questions the best
solution to any problem might be reached. Similarly, the best
organization
of the world
is when every single independent nation has an equal right in matters in
the
world.
Bhutan should have the same right as India and the U.S.A. and the
U.S.S.R.
simply
because it is another "citizen" of the "country" that is the Earth. Alas
think
Mr. Vamsi probably does not believe a democracy is a viable form of
government.
Which is absolutely fine by me. But I will not accept that he propogate
the
idea that
the ideal state for India to achieve in world politics is a status where
no
other country
can question what the Indian government does. Even if such were the
case,
then that
rule should be equally applicable to every other country in the world.
Hence,
Mr. Vamsi, I urge that you keep silent and not cry foul if Pakistan
marches
in and takes
over Kashmir, and hmm let's say Punjab and a couple other states too
while
they're
at it.

> > Today not only do many countries have the access to weapons of mass
> > destruction, a lot of rogue groups do as well.
>
> Yes, the rogue hegemonic nations also have access to nukes and they
> didn't want a
> democratic India to have such weapons.  Don't you see?  We are the
good
> guys here!!

Good guys don't mind being questioned by others. It's the rogue nations
that
typically object to being questioned. How can you demand that India
achieve
position where it cannot be questioned by any other country, and then
claim
that we are the good guys? Also, consider Kashmir. I agree it is a
bilateral
issue between India and Pakistan. However, India's adamant position to
not accept any questions regarding the matter from the international
community makes me wonder if the Indian government is in fact as "clean"
as
they claim they are.

> > You need to look only as far as the US today to appreciate the sheer

uselessness of
> > building a huge nuclear arsenal.
>
> For the last time, low-yield nukes are not nuclear weapons in the
> traditional sense.
> India MUST build the strongest military in the world to protect its
> integrity or risk
> being raped!!

Hmm in regard to my previous email, you mean "or risk raping itself
and the entire world". Gah, raping itself. Now isn't that what we've
been doing for over 50 years? Let's try something else, coz I don't
think the world is paying much to watch us rape ourselves.

> > And Vamsi, if we are at all serious about protecting our heritage
and
> > culture, then maybe the best place to start would be to take another

look at
> > what our shastras proscribe in such instances. I wonder if you
remember
the
> > restraints our sages put on the use of Brahmastra.
> >

> Yes, we will build the strongest military in the world and use
restraint
> afterwards -
> promise!

Gah, Mr. Vamsi, you are not even making serious arguments any more. I
think I must begin ignoring your posts.

> > And frankly, this constant harping on threats from hegemonic others
sounds
> > essentially the same as the oft-abused 'foreign hand' of the 80s.
>
> Yes, we have dirt in India too and in my mind the dirtiest beggars are

> those that look
> upon foreign powers as the good guys and don't see the light and
realize
> that India is
> being threatened every day of every year and we are becoming
complacent
> in both domestic and foreign policies!!  In other words, the worst of
> the beggars blame other beggars in the country for beating them in
their
> trade!!

Ahh yes very well said. And also not-so-dirty beggars look at "dirtiest
beggars"
and wonder, wow, that beggar is so awesome! I want to be just like that
"dirtiest beggar", maybe even dirtier!!! So the not-so-dirty beggar will
do
even
dirtier things to become dirtiest beggar. Even if it means murdering his
own
country.

Although I must admit, I have been neither a not-so-dirty beggar, nor a
"dirtiest
beggar", nor have I ever interviewed one, so the preceding paragraph is
entirely hypothetical. So, Mr. Vamsi, have you been or interviewed a
"dirtiest
beggar" that you know them so well?

> Precisely my point, China has a much stronger military and a greater
> nuclear arsenal -
> no one will push them around!!  Thank you so much for bringing this
up!
> I can't
> understand why some Indians play "chicken" when it comes to national
> defense, weapons,
> etc.

China is exactly the opposite of what my vision of a future India would
be.
So what if they attracted huge economic investment. I care more about
the
individual liberties of my fellow citizens, and I will not sacrifice
that to
become a China. The largest mistake India made in the economic
competition
was that we kept sucking up to the USSR for too long. Once Russia
disintegrated, we had no choice other than to do what the rest of South
East
Asia was already doing for a couple of years - opening up their
economies to
attract investment from the West. And by that time we were already too
late.
I am sorry Mr. Vamsi, I will not let you make India become another
China.

Sincerely,

Rahul Mittal.