Re: Editorial from a Romanian Newspaper]

In a message dated 10/18/01 5:33:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
liberty@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in writes:

<< Here is an article that says more than what most of us would have
been
 able
 to say.
 It is perhaps not a coincidence that the author is a Romanian. Perhaps
 with
 direct experience of the tyranny that ruled Romania for forty years.
 Barun

 > >I watched the live broadcast and the rerun of its  rerun for hours;
 > >listening
 > >to the story of the guy who went down  one hundred floors with a
 woman in
 > >wheelchair without knowing who she  was, or of the Californian
hockey

 > >What on earth can unite the  Americans in such a way? Their land?
 Their
 > >galloping history? Their  economic power? Money? I tried for hours
 find
 > >an
 > >answer,  humming songs and murmuring phrases which risk of sounding
 like
 > >commonplaces. I thought things over, but I reached only one
 conclusion.

 > >Only freedom can work such  miracles!

I agree