Re: Some other things I would not like to forget

Hi all,
      We cannot prosecute or go after "thoughts", "philosphies" or
"isms". Law cannot and should never be able to prosecute "thoughts"
however repulsive they are. That's why we have "Right to
self-expression" or "Freedom of Speech". What law can do is prosecute
violent behavior. In prosecuting violent behavior we should not
distinguish what is the motivation. Only thing that matters is whether
the behavior was violent or not. Attempt to introduce subjectivity in
the interpretation of "violence" will immediately backfire as everybody
will try to justify their violence using some "ism". If we want a civil
society then we should stick to objective use of law and order
mechanism based on simple principles.
      Even a hint that law and order is subject to "subjective
interpretation" will mean that everybody instead of focussing on how to
effectively remove violence from society will focus on how to justify
their violence. That's why we need a strong Constitution which is very
clearly worded and difficult to modify.
Regards,
Ashish