Re: WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!

IMHO, nuclear deterrence has only cosmetic value. India will never be
able to use a Nuclear weapon as the International sanctions that will
follow will ruin the country. Moreover its own cities are vulnerable to
nuclear attack!!

Any country will opt for a huge conventional bomb instead of a low yield
nuclear weapon because of taboo associated with nuclear weapons. This
may only change when the nuclear threshold is crossed.

Terrorist attacks/low intensity attacks are a greater threat in the
present day situation than a conventional/nuclear war. Kargil was also
low intensity attack. Pakistan knows that it can not win a
conventional/nuclear war with India so it will continue with Kargil kind
of attacks. Nuclear weapons are not going to help us in any way. We can
not nuke pak for Kargil type attack and expect the world to sit and
watch!

So the nuclear tests might have yielded some more data than available in
laboratories but its impact on Indian security is not much.

Jasmin.