Re: could not believe this....

Mr. Amar has brought a very good point to the debate room.  I made a similar
point before and that is the political leaders in India are no better than
their British masters that left the country....and now they are serving the
American masters too.  The democratic framework that is in place now is
probably the only ally for Indians, if we choose to use it - the politicians
that fill in the various ranks of Government are jeopardizing Indian culture,
pride, dignity, and India's place in the world!!

If it is so that the uneducated masses do not appreciate the simple elegance
of Indian Democracy then it is our responsibility, as patriotic citizens of
India, to educate them by participating in the political process ourselves and
reaching out to the masses!!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.