Re: Democratic political funding....

In a message dated 3/21/01 8:44:14 AM Central Standard Time, maxv@vsnl.com
writes:

<< Let us define *democratic political party* as
 an organisation which derives 100% of it's funding
 from  membership fee, every member pays equal
 membership fee and elects it's leaders through
 periodic polls in which at least 60% of the
 members participate/vote. >>

Are there any "democratic political parties" then and how do you go about
creating such a system. I think greater transparency would certainly help, so
that people at least know whose money is talking. Even the more advanced
democracies have not solved this problem either. I still think that the idea
of political parties being allowed to raise money by lottery was indeed neat.