Re: Enron India Problem

The issue here is why is the power so expensive in the first place. It's

because enron wanted to rob us blind by using LNG(an imported fuel) and
linking the costs of power to the exchange rate.

On our part our bureaucrats were stupid to agree to this, but we've
learnt
from our mistakes and this being a country-company contract, I should
think
that we must proceed to scrap the deal with enron. Or is the company
more
powerful than the country?

When we deal with thieves and then realise we were robbed, any rational
person would not think about agreements and honouring them.

Maharashtra is a power surplus state and we need to cut down on T&D
losses
etc. What is the point in putting up "the world's largest gas-powered
refinery" in a state that doesn't need such a huge plant, especially
when
inter-state transfer of power is restricted?
This stinks of corruption,bribery and vested interests, but then we
really
shouldn't be surprised should we?

The Bureaucrats put India in the coffin and those Indians who voice
their
support for those multinational thieves nail the coffin.

I would suggest that some Indians first need to get themselves a
backbone.

Gautam