Re: Enron India Problem

I see the biggest issue about Enron as being that the government's
unwillingness or inability to solve this issue is going to drive
investment
away from India especially in the power sector.

I find it quite incredible that in a power starved country like India
there
are no people or businesses willing to pay even Enron's higher power
tarriffs. The problem is that the electricity distribution is entirely
in the
government's hands and the government's eyes are always on the next
election
and not necessarily on what is good for the country in the long run or
what
is good for consumers.