Re: Defence Deals :FLASH NEWS

> Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:25:41 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Sanjai Kukreti" <skukreti@home.com>
> To: <debate@indiapolicy.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: Defence Deals :FLASH NEWS
>
> I would be extremely interested in finding out which "venture
capitalists"
> have funded Tehelka.com's little adventure. I have a feeling that
there may
> be some motivation other than corruption-finding behind Tehelka's
antics.
> How long has Tehelka been in business? How long have they been
reporting the
> news? And what sort of slant do they put on their reporting? Are they
> neutral paper, or are they a paper which has biases for and against
certain
> parties and ideologies? I think it's worth looking into.

           I am least interested in finding out which venture capitalist

        has funded Tehelka.com's little adventure, I do not want to know

        their motivation, and I am not particularly interested in
        knowing their bias for or against any political party.  The fact

        is that Tehelka.com has done an excellent job in exposing
        corruption in the highest echelon of the Government of India.
        There are innumerable law enforcement officers in India on
        public payroll who have failed to do their job.  Everyone at
        Tehelka.com deserves our commendation.

           -- Biswanath Halder