Cricket brings back self-respect

Congratulations to all of us on the most heartening cricket victory in
Calcutta over Australia! Dispels some of the gloom around India. Shows what
we can be, if we want to be, without any 'fixing' or things like that. At
work today, my Australian colleagues (including boss) were asking about the
two Laxmans who are hogging the limelight, and wanted to know if the bjp
Bangaru is a brother of the cricketing Laxman! Said: no relationship. Our
cricket can be cleansed, but not our politics, at least not so easily!

SS