Education effect on economy

> From: "prakash chandrashekar"
>
> I believe that the government should implement a scheme of school
> vouchers, as it is in the US for primary education. this will combine
> the universality of education with the elixir of competition added.
> University education should be left to industry and private
> philanthropy. Unless the public recieves a basic education, it is
> difficult to maintain any sort of reform.
>         primary education first, lets bother about secondary education
> later. I think that the lack of private universities is only because of
> legal restrictions and the lack of large fortunes for philanthropy. Free
> the market and you can get both.

I agree with Mr.Prakash, the govt of India should
concentrate full effort on education upto 10th standard,
minimise their involvement in higher education, and
leave it to private sector.

When the social caste system was abolished, the caste
system *mysteriously* (there is not much mystery if we
study who are the bureaucrats who introduced the system)
appeared in a much *more potent version* in the education
system - Govt vernacular schools, Private govt aided
vernacular schools, CBSE schools, ICSE schools.  All of
you will clearly understand what i am saying if you go
and visit the four different types of schools see the
students, study the syllabus and then compare it with the
format of competitive examinations for professional courses.

We need uniform syllabus, and same language of
instruction in all schools in India. The language of
instruction should be the same as the one used in
Universities in India. Then only real cream of students
will come up. Only if we allow the *real brilliant* people
to come up, can Indian industry especially the knowledge
based industries like software, biotech etc. can compete
in the global arena.

Some of the Indian software companies may be highly
vulnerable unless they diversify their manpower,
to reflect the composition of whole Indian society.
This is because human intelligence follows the bell
curve and is distributed evenly in the whole society,
irrespective of physical/racial attributes. As the
indian software companies move on to more competitive
arena they will need more creative people, else the
shareholder wealth they seems to have created
will evaporate.

It is *absolutely* not possible to develop only one
section of the society, keeping rest of them out of
the development process, 3000  years of Indian history
has proved it beyond doubt. It is time for us to
re-think....

> I think the proposal of taxing NRIs,
> regardless of the subsidies they actually recieved is a sick one. As of
> now, we can do nothng about the subsidies laready given. we can only see
> to it that such subsidies are avoidded in the future.

The *brain drain* is actually *brain gain* since it gives
more opportunity for people who really care for development
of India.  So i don't feel brain drain itself is an economic
issue because the brains who are draining are the one's if they
stay in India will throw the spanner in the works. If the
brain drain is denying opportunity for people who really care
about prosperity of India then it need to be looked into. For
eg. if IIT, IIM teaching model is successful, by introducing
similar model and syllabus in lot more institutes will
create more people who are interested in working for India's
prosperity.

India needs uniform development of the entire society, only
that will create prosperous and sustainable economy.

MV.