Re: Tax on India-educated-NRIs: Filtered Non-Sense!

I can tell u guys horror stories of how the babus manilpulated the resurgent
bonds issue - u guys are mistaken - it's not the NRI's who made this a
success - it's completely the babus and the neta's who subscribed for almost
80 % of the issue - how they did it is a different story - but it will
suffice to say that it's one of the most skillfully orchestrated scams of
modern India.

if u guys are interested in the details - just look up what the LIBOR rate
was at the time of the issue and compare the coupon rate on the bond - any
guy with a decent credit record any where in the western world can walk into
a bank and get up to 80 % loan to subscribe for a bond issue backed by a
sovereign guaranty - that's exactly what has happened!

there's a gentleman by the name of Shri Kumar Poddar - he is arguably the
first major Indian enterprenuer in the US - he is the one who has pioneered
the magazine subscription schemes on American University campuses, some 30
years back. He works out of East Lansing, Michigan. He is a much better
source on  the criminality of our babus and netas and the sophisticated
financial scams they indulge in.