Re: Tax on India-educated-NRIs

I find A Guru's suggestions interesting though. So, if a person cannot
find
a job in India, then if they stay unemployed that's okay. But if they
manage
to find work abroad, then that's "abandonment of India" which needs to
penalized with heavy taxation. So a person who stays unemployed in India
is
considered a much better person that one who finds a job outside the
country.

Likewise, should you not be applying the taxation penalty to anyone who
takes a job outside of India? Then anyone who works outside the country
can
be considered an absconder, while patriotic people who stay unemployed
at
home in India can be spared the penalty.

Hey, I am not opposing it, because it doesn't apply to me. But I can see

that it will result in people going to private or foreign institutions
for
training, rather than IITs/etc. Or else, the IIT grads will fully
emigrate,
and obviously you cannot apply taxation to one who is neither a citizen
of
your country, nor is working on its soil.

Padmanabha's suggestions seem more in line with international practices.

People take loans to study, then they have to repay them upon
graduation.
And that applies to everybody. Seems like a reasonable idea to me.