Re: Bizzare

MV <maxv@vsnl.com> wrote:
> What India needs at this stage is education for majority
> people who live in the villages (backbone of India's economy)
> in the same language of instruction (english) as our
> Universities use. That alone will bring unity and prosperity.
> That is want we should do..... once that is done there will
> be enough consensus to build the temple.

Where will all the universities suddenly come from? Out of your magical
purse? If you want a lot of universities, you need a lot of money. Look
at
how money in universities is being spent now. Leftists have created a
situation where people can pass exams and get accepted for seats, even
without knowing the material. They insist on people being allowed to
cheat
on exams. This is your precious Left which is the author of such values.
can tell what will happen, if you try and throw good money after bad, by

increasing the money flow.

Even as an athiest, I recognize the reality that religion evolved for a
reason. Religion is the poor man's university. Religion can sustain
itself
without govt infrastructure, but universities cannot. Even in Pakistan,
their terrorist madrassas are able to flourish in far greater numbers
than
their universities.

You are trying to paint universities in golden hues, without seeing the
cost
requirments. But when it comes to paying the bills for these
universities,
then you will nervously glance around, "Sahib, please provide the
money!"

India has a population of 1 billion. There is no way that India has the
means to create universities for 1 billion people. You seem to be in
some
fairytale dream, if you think that you can just snap your fingers and
money
will just appear to fund such undertakings.

> Let the temple not be symbol of India's poverty,
> not the illiteracy, not the suffering of millions,
> but let us build the temple as the symbol of India's
> prosperity.
>
> MV.

Again, you seem to think that it's just a matter of pressing a button,
and
the universities will pop up.
Are you going to be spending the money out of your own meager pocket?

We all know the Indian attitude -- try and foist the burden on someone
else,
and then castigate them for not doing a better job. That's what govt is
for,
isn't it? It's so that individual Indians don't have to do anything for
themselves, and can have a straw man to bash, for not doing things well
enough -- things that Indians are too lazy or too cowardly to do
themse.ves.

The fact is that if the US govt were to disappear overnight -- most
Americans would be inconvenienced, but would still be able to function.
But
if the Indian govt were to disappear overnighte, only a small number of
Indians would be able to survive, while the rest would die within weeks.

India simply does not have the prosperity level to afford a university
or
college for every town.

The value of religion is that it at least provides a value system, which
can
help a person to not sink lower, and also to advance steadily. No
university
can provide a value system, and yet that is what is most needed to
stabilize
society. It is the slow and steady progress that is generated from value

systems, which provides society with its strong base. The trunk of the
tree
must be thick and strong.
But if you want to have society resting on the long flimsy branches at
the
top, then you will find these things shaking and swaying around, and
snapping off.

Universities may help us climb to the greatest heights, just like the
topmost branches of the tree. But they are surely not strong enough to
be a
base. The majority of the weight must rest on the base (the value
system)
and not on the flimsy branches at the top, which will inherently never
have
the strength to hold everything up.